Sunday, March 25, 2012

DRAWING LAB #2: BLIND GIRAFFES

It's week two of Drawing Lab! This week's assignment was to do blind contour drawings of giraffes - drawings with as few lines as possible, made while looking only at the original (never the paper). I liked this exercise because I've done a lot of blind contour drawings, but this was a fun twist on it. James liked this exercise because he got to take my comment, "doing giraffes sounds like more fun than doing people," out of context. It's so nice to be surrounded by support.

Seriously, though, giraffes do some cool poses. I love the ones where a big giraffe is leaning down to headbutt a little one, especially... that was the first thing I tried to capture, with more success than I was expecting, actually.

The last bit was superimposing a few giraffes and adding color. I'm actually not sure what happened here...suddenly my giraffes got even leggier.

No comments:

Post a Comment